CURVODUC™ – Curved belt conveyor
In Ferzikovo, in the Kalouga region countryside, 180 kilometres from Moscow, the "green" LafargeHolcim factory contrasts with its two other Russian sites. With a capacity of 2 million tonnes per year, this modern site has a priority which remains unusual in Russia: working for the protection of the environment.
In order to achieve this, RBL REI proposed its CURVODUC solution which avoids transfers by lorry from the quarry. Therefore, a conveyor ensures the transport of the limestone from the quarry to the cement works.
INNOVATION AT THE HEART OF OUR CHALLENGES
Ferzikovo - RUSSIA
Objective? Linking the quarry and the cement works while preserving the environment
Presentation of LAFARGEHOLCIM’s installation in Ferzikovo, Russia:
- Length of the Curvoduc: 6 km
- Installed power: 3 x 450 kW
- Speed of the conveyor belt: 5 m/s
- Flowrate: 1 100 t/h
- 240 m range suspended bridge
- Withstands temperatures up to -40°C
- Multi-drives configuration with head and tail location